Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tuesday's blog on Wednesday! Day 1 of the tour.

Hi all ... First let me apologize for not posting yesterday!! It was a hectic day and I was tired when I got back to our room. I don't know if I mentioned it or not yesterday, but I woke up Monday with a sore throat. When I still had the sore throat on Tuesday, I thought about going to a clinic. On our way down to the lobby, I met Diana, one of our ABD tour guides. She recommended not going to a clinic, but suggested either going to the hospital, or waiting until I get to Disneyland and checking it out at their health centre. I chose the latter. She did direct me to a drugstore, so off we went.

We found the drugstore and also discovered Walt's star, along with a few others. We stopped for lunch at the Disney Soda Fountain, then went to see Wall-E at the El Capitain theatre. It was cool, as they included live pipe organ music and a live show before the movie. Both were great. After the movie we made our way back to the hotel to get ready for our welcome reception.



At the reception, we started with a meet and greet ice breaker. There are 26 in our group, which includes a mother and daughter from Guelph of all things. At least I won't be the only one being teased for saying eh! We rounded off our group with our other tour guide Jaime, from Honolulu and Julie, who is in training to be a guide. After the Ice Breaker, we headed over to the La Trastevere restaurant for dinner. Before dinner, they played a Disney trivia game, which I won, thank you very much. Dinner was chicken and salad. There were three birthday's on this trip, and we sang Happy Birthday to all three, including Kirstyn. The three birthday girls each got a special Birthday pin. Kirstyn and I each got a special gift for it being our second ABD. This was a nice surprise!

After dinner, we strolled down Hollywood Boulevard, then called it an early night, as we had to get up early in the morning.


A picture of the Kodak Theatre ... Home of the Academy Awards!

No comments: